Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pottery at Gardenku

Last Saturday, which means 25th of April, I joined my school's Tourism Club to the nearest place---Gardenku, next to primary school to have a simple pottery lesson. Well, I arrived late that day, so I dint take many shot at the entrance.
Did you see there is 3 lady walking toward me? From left to right: Christina, Myra and Magon. Let's not waste our time, we started our lesson after every member arrived.
There are potteries' sifu(teacher) demonstrated the processes and skills for us. Then we need to do it by our own hands. =)
This is what my friend done, the shape very beautiful right? Yea, it is.
And then is my turn to do it, I did it twice because I dint satisfied with it the first one.
This is the first one. Unfortunately, the second one I don't know who messed it. Weird-shaped.
Our teacher adviser joined too after that. Next, we painted the tiny cup on the second lesson. Seriously, I did not know paint on the cup surface is so hard. The painted is watery and the surface of the cup are smooth. The paint will not maintain the colours on the surface.
My work. The third time I painted it. What can I conclude is, Oh My God! Is too hard for me!
We need to let it dry under the sunlight after we painted it of course.
Last lesson for that, I dint took much shot cause my hands are full of clay. I don't want to dirty my camera. Is a fun lesson that you can learned from them and those sifu are all Japanese. The course won't be expensive, is RM25.00 per person and the lesson start from 10.00am to 12.00noon.

Here's a video that I want to share:
The Making of Pot(Process)

1 comment:

  1. hi Kimiko I am cpei, i would like to learn pottery in Penang and i found ur blog! May i get any contact if i would like to query for the pottery lesson? Thanks in advance!

    Besides, u r long term student there? Or juz had a 1 day lesson?

    ReplyDelete